Different aspects of life

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Goodness of a human being

Haiii dear pals,

It is quite debatable what goodness of a human being means? I would like to make an effort in bringing a few thoughts out about what goodness is all about from my own point of view.It was one such a day when, as usual, I was involved in performing one of my primary activities which included getting permission for installations of electronic equipment. Though I was doing the same activity for some time now, on that particular day I came across a situation wherein I experienced one the concept of goodness in a human being.

We, as social animal and trier of dedicated and obedient person for our profession for selfish reason classify and label and stereotype others into bad who doesn’t co-operate us and good who does co-operate us. Though categorization sounds good and fair to us as we look at the things from our own selfish perspective. We tend to forget the thinking process of opposite person and third person since they look at the same things completely different angle. For others we may sound not good as we are trying to do what we want selfishly without understanding the mind of other by being inconsiderate.

Inspired from an article on shampoos and an incident from my regular life I would like to discuss the aspect of goodness in a human being.

The article on shampoos talks of good and bad shampoos in the market and explains that there is in fact no good or bad shampoo in the market! Each shampoo has different effect on different hair textures and qualities. Hence as the judgement on products is relative from person to person so is it with every other aspect of life.

Working for a broadband company every time a new installation of the cable is made in a particular street or area I am required to install a switch in one of the resident’s premises.

Usually I am faced with many questions and the process can become very tasking. Each client is curious as to why it has to be installed in their residence.
This time it was with an Advocate’s residence and he lent me the permission to install this switch immediately. The whole process, for which I was prepared mentally, was supposed to be cumbersome, but turned out to be absolutely smooth.
The question was, Should I have to consider others who didn’t allow and permit me to keep the equipment inside their premises as not good persons? But answer was categorically NO. I asked myself, we as human being and social animal consider others who help us on the process good, who don’t as bad person [this word though vary in usage]I later on, took the word good back, though suitable at that moment but, saying to myself that the person who permitted was rather generous and broadminded. Though advocate was good at heart too. I said to myself that I can’t pigeonhole other who didn’t permit me as they have some internal and external problems and difficulties to help me in my activity.

Happy with the outcome I shared my experience with my colleague and called this Advocate (client) a good person.

Later in retrospect I thought of why I judged this person as a “good human being”. The way he is….

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM , Blogger Ramm said...

    Hi Suresh... I like your line of thoughts on good and bad... interesting topics u have here in ur blog. As you write more, I am sure you will have quite a lot of readers. Meanwhile, I suggest that you visit other good blogs... I personally believe one of the best ways of learning is by role-modelling, where we observe, learn and emulate others. All the best, Suresh, and take care!
    Ram.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home